Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Disneyland & Precious Moment


Like my picture? hee.. Some friends thought I edited it to fit into my Disneyland dream. Muahaha.. (Ps, I wanna go Disney Land). Was surfing net and saw this picture. Hahaha...cute right? They are even sharing a Mickey Mouse Ice Cream. How Mickey is that?! I wanted to blog about something. This is something that I do not believe in. 4D/ ToTo/ Big Sweep and etc. I'm not a gambler. Better give you some pointers before I screw you upside down. 1) Dont tell me you buy 4D to buy a chance of winning. That's bullshit. Never study Probabilities before ah? What are the chances of your Number in the next draw? If there are only 1000 Numbers, then that's 1/1000 Chances. I'm excluding the possibilities of a different combination. *Faint* Imagine, you buy 3 days a week (Namely, Wed, Sat & Sunday). You pay 2 Bucks for that tiny chance, even if you win the top prize, you only get, Big: $4000 /Small: $6000 So life goes on, you pay 6bucks each week. In a year, 52 Weeks X $6 = $ 312. Amount Spent = $312. Let's say, for the past three year you have been buying the same numbers, you have spent $936. And you only won like once in the three years, which also means you have made a profit of $5064, that 85%. Omg. That's if you win First Prize and you buy Small everytime. What If you win a consolation prize? I think you would made a loss. I don't know how to calculate the winnings lah. Someone told me that the winning I will get.

Maybe that's called when you get the whole amount of winning, you will feel better. If I’m not wrong, you won't get the full amount of winning. 2) Another thing is, Don't tell me your set of Numbers has Jump / Skip / Died / whatsoever. I super hate it. There are only 10 numbers. How many times do you wish your numbers to jump? Seriously, I think every week is your jumping number week. Unless, you buy 1234, and 1235 opens in the draw. Then, that's more like Jumping. Because, you are only a step away from winning. Like you are a step away from getting knocked down by a bus. (Doesn’t make sense right?)3) Toto, hmm...that's slightly better than 4d. Somemore there are less numbers. I have fewer problems with it. By the way, on my birthday night, I went Mustafa. Beng ask me to blog about it. I think it’s a new change. Maybe uh... Current Song : Queen - I Was Born To Love You (Pride Theme Song) hahaha.. Nice song. In case, you are not a fan of the Jap Drama, Pride. I cannot find a site to upload mp3 and link to the blog. Having big problem!

*edited* hee..

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Hey you need to re-take your maths liao. You fail badly man.
=================================

Pay 2 bucks for each draw.
Big 1st prize: $4000

You pay 6bucks each week. In a year, 52 Weeks X $6 = $ 312.

Let's say, for the past three year you have been buying the same numbers, you have spent $936.

And you only won like once in the three years, which also means you have made a loss of $5064.

Correction: If you strike 1st prize once in 3 yrs, you still make a profit of $4000-$936=$3064

So you know why ppl buy 4-d now?