Sunday, March 27, 2005

the Dumb Shoe Picking Incident...

Saturday Strait Times Paper, 26th March 2005
On the front cover of the papers was this article, “Man trying to retrieve shoe hit by train”
I only have 1 Word, Stupidity.
Can’t believe its sheer bad luck or just plain stupidity! I’m not being a racist here. The Malay guy was quite dumb. He actually went down the tracks to retrieve his shoe. Duh! It’s only a shoe? A sole-cover?
How much would it cost for you to get down the next stop or the very stop to get a pair of slippers?
The best part is he’s not even alone. He was with his wife!! And the wife even showed him the way to his death… “Hey darling there’s your shoe! And also your way to hell……” How sweet! (pointed to him where his shoe was!)
I really wonder how difficult is it for the wife to get off at that shoe and get him the cheapest slippers if he feels embarrassed about walking barefoot….
Oh! It’s faster to retrieve your shoes at the track? Had a thought, during poly years 1 of our lecturers were talking about our MRT System….
The lecturer was explaining how the MRT System works. The MRT system works with a third rail, where only when the train is coming, the electrical comes too. So there is actually no high voltage when there is no train. Seriously, I doubt the guy actually know that fact. It really shows how much brain cells one can use when you are barefoot.

People! Remember this.
1) When you alone, and your dumb shoe have just flew to the tracks, try asking for control station help. They have those clippers to help you retrieve stuff.
2) When you not alone, try asking or begging your partner whether she minds getting out of the station and getting you the cheapest slippers! A lousy white base, blue stripe slipper would only cost you $3.50. Even if you meet the most pirated seller! Who thinks you are a tourist and wants to sell you at the highest bid price.
3) Just dump your other pair of shoes onto the track and worship your shoes! Shoes comes in a pair! Hahaha..Just being lame.

Just to add on, the guy is stupid. Now his wife is without a husband. And financial burden just comes along. Although the wife is sad, I just have to say I’m sorry I’m blogging about your misery. But you made me think twice about playing with my shoes when I’m waiting for the train next time round.
The last time I heard about the MRT incident, about the boy being pushed by the crowd and somehow he was found dead on the train. I’m cant remember the exact incident. But that is one I called,” poor thing…”
For the Friday incident,” Stupid leh!”

No comments: